Friday 9 October 2015

Another week of odds and ends!

Ok so this has been an odd week for me. I'll be honest, I've been trying to form some sort of image of George Best - anything at all - from the most basic to something more elaborate. I have been utterly unable to capture him. I have nothing that I would be willing to share.

Along the way I have also drawn the following images - which are all unrelated really:

This is a pretty scruffy sketch of Carlos Santana. I wanted to capture his hallucinogenic quality, but it was all a bit rushed and it didn't really come off.

This picture of director Quentin Tarantino is something I drew seeing something that someone else did - it's almost a direct replica. I don't know who the original artist was or I would credit them. It's a reproduction drawn by me - but I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

I was taken by the simple style, the noir quality, and the sensation of his face coming out of the shadows. It was great for him.
This is a picture of my sister and her daughter Evie.

Evie is nearly nine now, but she was doll like when she was a baby. I'm really happy with this because it captures both of them well. You'll have to take my word for it.
This picture of Eric Cantona was for a friend. Dead simple really but I thought it worked well. Tried to do something similar with George Best - no chance!



















Below is the delightful Disney creation 'Tow Mater' from the Pixar film 'Cars'. I'm not massively fond of Disney to be honest, but Mater is a great character, lovable red neck rusty tow truck. Did this one for my sons. I intend to put some of their pictures up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment