Friday 2 October 2015

John Doe @SailorAlien

This hidden jem can be found on Twitter. Unlike @JimllPaintIt - with his 70k + following, this artist has (inexplicably) got just over 1,000 followers.

Surely that is going to explode.

Check out these amazing pencil and paper drawings that he/she has scanned in:


The first image that I saw was Amy Winehouse (above). I'm a massive Amy Winehouse fan - actually I think I revere her more than anything, I think she was possessed by an ethereal kind of brilliance, a genius that was just so intense that her body and mind couldn't possibly cope with it.



Look at these further images - the simplicity, combined with the detail - but also the absolute absence of noise and distraction or background. There's a simple perfection in there that is almost machine like. The accuracy is haunting. How can a human hand produce this? 




This image of Lana Del Rey - taken from her album art 'Music to Watch Boys To' - just blew me away. The way the hair tumbles down is incredible. The sophisticated light in the contrasting the simplicity of the clothing is also enough to make you stop and marvel. 


I don't know what this one below is about - or what is going on - I just like it an awful lot. I can't wait to see more.


You can follow John Doe @SailorAlien on Twitter. Also through instagram: https://instagram.com/sailoralien/


2 comments:

  1. Super cool. Do you have an email, Philip Priestley ?!

    ReplyDelete