Friday 23 October 2015

Jaimy Mokos

I encountered the forum of Niume through twitter (you can see my page on Niume here). Joining this group has been wonderful for me because i have met so many artists and the encouragement and positivity there is brilliant.

There is also some amazing work on display. Which is how I encountered the work of Jaimy Mokos.

It seems that this is the week for hyper vivid imagery - and Jaimy delivers it with dazzling and spectacular creativity.


Like me Jaimy works with digital imagery - not manipulation but painting and drawing in an electronic format (I think that's where the resemblance ends). It's difficult to fathom how she does this though. It's next level stuff (in fact - she went to the next level, got bored and moved on again).


What I've done here is take one of her amazing images - which is a beautiful woman enveloped in flames - but I've also offered you a close up on the flames which shows you just exactly how sharp these pictures are.

They are seriously big too. Not unlikely to encounter 3000 x 5000 pixels, so you can really lose yourself in them.
Here I was absolutely captivated by how the colours wash into each other without ever losing any energy or dissolving. They also appear to give structure and form without hard edges (I find that quality hard to describe) - look at the image below, which is a close up on that shoulder. I feel like I could dip my hand in that image and it would be like a pool of colour.

The hand and face are just hyper realistic and the cheek bone and the light on the face have photo realistic qualities. This is very exciting stuff.

There is more surrealism on display here. There is an underwater and outer space feeling that is totally metaphysical. The goggles gives so many suggestions and also throw the audience into what might be behind them.

Goodness me.

Jaimy Mokos can be found on Twitter, Facebook and on Niume.

Her website is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment