Saturday 10 October 2015

Leonid Afremov

Leonid Afremov is one of my absolute favourite artists out there at the moment. My wallpaper on my Mac is a high res Afremov image - with the very characteristic landscape of trees with a path leading away into the vanishing point of perspective.

I was unware that Leonid was actually live on twitter, but I got totally stunned when he followed me out of the blue (followed me? yes - stunning - he found me).

I immediately followed back of course and sent him a private message that probably sounded very star struck 'Your art is amazing' - etc (cringeworth, but I'm hopeless). To my surprise he actually replied quite swiftly with a 'thank you'.

I know very very little about art - the technical aspects and so on - so I asked him how he managed to create those stunning images, those combinations of colours, and he very kindly sent me a hyperlink to the most amazing video on his YouTube channel:


It is forty-five minutes of amazing insight really. He has some kind of magic that allows him to use a palette knife to create such amazing trees in a single sweep of the tool.

So Mr Afremov was very kind and he has allowed me to show his work on my blog. You can follow him on @AfremovArt - looking through his uploaded images is quite a stunning experience.














Leonid Afremov has an outlet on Etsy - I recommend you visit it - Leonid Afremov's Etsy Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment