Sunday 20 September 2015

Odds and Ends. Some very odd.

So I'll call this page my odds and ends. It has all kinds of things.

Let's start with a couple of Hollywood icons, Brando and James Dean:


They're both 'pop art' in style - but then I think that both actors (particularly Dean) are remembered in that way. I'm fairly happy with both of these and again it was a case of playing with what isn't there.



Moving on to Rupert Murdoch (below). Can anyone feel comfortable with the amount of cultural and political influence that this man has? 

This is the most recent drawing that I have done (at the time of writing this) and I'm quite pleased with it actually. It's recognisable and I actually pushed myself to put a big more darkness on there too.




I'll add a rare landscape here - a copy of a Van Gogh (I love Van Gogh):


What can I say - everything looks like shit compared to Van Gogh, but I tried!! 

The next one is a 'Batman'. I don't generally do the gothic fantasy art or super hero stuff, but I thought I'd give it a try. So here is the caped crusader, and not too badly delivered.



















Finally I'll add a Disney cartoon: Dr Heinz Doofenschmirtz from the cartoon 'Phineas and Ferb'. I watch this cartoon with my kids and he's easily my favourite Disney character!



No comments:

Post a Comment